August 5-9; August 12-16
Junior Drawing & Painting Intensive, designed for students entering grades 5-9, returns this year for two one-week sessions.
Description: Course designed for young artists with some or no prior art-making experience. The focus will be on observational drawing and painting and experimenting with materials. Students learn different drawing and shading techniques, explore color mixing and the elements of composition. At the end of the week-long intensive students will have the opportunity to show their work in a final art exhibition.
- Session I: August 5-9, 2019
- Session II: August 12-16, 2019
Students may attend one or both sessions.
- Drop-off: 7:30-8 a.m.
- Instruction: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Pickup: 12-12:30 p.m.
- Students entering grades 5-9.
- Advanced students will have the opportunity to work at their own pace with specialized instruction.
- Registration and health forms due by July 29 for the first session; August 5 for the second session
- For more information about curriculum, learning objectives, and student projects, email Visual Arts Camps Director, Brian Bulfer.
- For information about camp administration, registration, and payment contact the Mason Gross Extension Division, 848-932-1500.
Faculty: Brian Bulfer and David Torres
Tuition: $390 per week, all materials included.
Facility: Civic Square Building, room 403